Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Twosome


The par 72 Champion course at
Seven Springs Golf and Country Club


It was an overcast day with the temperature around 85º--not too hot. Van, my breakfast buddy from McDonald's, joined me today. He hadn't played often, but it turned out to be a close match. I made a par on Hole #2, and Van made a par on Hole #9.

They started us on Hole #10, and we played 10-18 first. Then we finished up with 1 through 9.

For my par, I made a 50 ft putt from off the green. From the tee, I hit the ball toward the left, actually clipping the roof of a house before it rolled into the fairway. Then, I overcompensated and hit it too much to the right! Finally, I made a good shot and hit the ball 50 feet into the hole. I couldn't believe it myself!

Van's par was his final stroke, ending the day on an up note.

score from the white: 114
Van: 116

No comments: